Free SR22 Quotes!

Washington SR22 Insurance

Washington State SR22 Add comments

I am planning on moving from Washington to Texas.  I have SR22 insurance in Washington, and I was wondering if I still have to have the SR22 filing after I move to Texas?

The laws regarding SR22 insurance are different in each state.  You were required to file SR22 insurance in order to get your license reinstated after receiving a DUI in Washington, and if you let that policy lapse, even if you move, the insurance company will still notify the Washington DMV.  Upon notification, the DMV will most likely suspend your license again.

Chances are, when you apply to get a Texas driver’s license, you will still need to carry out the remaining time you have left for your SR22 filing.  I would call both the Washington and Texas DMV to ask them about the requirements for transferring your SR22 insurance between states and if it is necessary.

SR-22 Insurance in Washington

Leave a Reply


WP Theme & Icons by N.Design Studio directory
Entries RSS Comments RSS Log in
My Zimbio Autos Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory